Thank you Mental Health America for this information.
Learn 9 Ways to Fight Mental Health Stigma from the National Alliance on Mental Health.
Just the Facts
- Mental health is essential to everyone’s overall health and wellbeing, and mental illnesses are common and treatable.
- There are practical tools that everyone can use to improve their mental health and increase resiliency regardless of the situations they are dealing with.
- It’s important to recognize your emotions and own your feelings, work to find the positive even when facing adversity or loss, reach out and try to connect with others, remove those people in your life who are bringing you down, and create healthy routines to take care of yourself.
- Living a healthy lifestyle and incorporating mental health tools to thrive may not be easy but can be achieved by gradually making small changes and building on those successes.
Dealing with COVID 19
These are challenting times. The following resources may be helpful in dealing with the COVID 19 pandemic.
- “Mental Health and COVID 19 Information and Resources” from Mental Health America.
- “Protecting your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Outbreak” from American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Read
North Carolina Resources
- From North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Hotlines (includes COVID 19 Info)
- Mental Health, Developmental Disabiities and Substance Abuse Services Assistance
Everyone can be supportive of friends, family, and co-workers who are struggling with life’s challenges or their mental health.